Regional and International Activities
· Organizing and conducting the First Egyptian Academic Seminar in Child
Psychiatry in collaboration with International Association of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and allied Professions (I.A.C.A.P.A.P)
and the World Health Organization during the period 29 October to 2 November 1996. Seven Professors from U.S.A. and England
participated with the Egyptian child psychiatrists .Trained 60 physicians (psychiatrists and pediatricians).
· Organizing and conducting regular training courses with University
college of London Years 1997 two days training course, 1998 three days training course, 1999 two days training course
· Organizing the IACAPAP training course on Pervasive Developmental
Disorders, and Childhood Schizophrenia, February 2000.
· Organizing the Conference "Learning Disabilities" in collaboration
with EMACAPAP and Karoliniska institute; November. 2000.
· Organizing Egyptian Conference on Violence among Children and Adolescent / Causes and
Intervention with collaboration of EMACAPAP; March 2003.
· In collaboration with WPA & WHO; CMHA-EGYPT was selected
as Egypt site to Implement The Presidential Program for Child & Adolescent Mental Health through developing the Mental
Health Program in a district of high school dropout. A Cognitive Behavior Therapy Manual Arabic Version is developed. (2002-2005)
· Organizing the first Research Methodology training course for Young Arab psychiatrists
interested in Child Psychiatry, in collaboration of the EMACAPAP, IACAPAP WHO and Italian Child Foundation. The meeting was
held in Sharm El Sheikh; February 2004.
· Conducting Donald Cohen Award for Best Research Proposals for young psychiatrists in
the Middle East Region participating EMACAPAP research Methodology ; February 2004-present
· Organizing of the second research methodology seminar for young Arab Psychiatrists
in the Arab World in collaboration of the EMACAPAP, IACAPAP. Italian Child Foundation, WHO, and Egyptian Child Mental Health
Association. During the period from 27th of February to the third of March, 2005 .The meeting took place in Sharm El Sheikh.
The participants were from 14 countries in The Region.
· Providing training course “The Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)” in Lebanon.
Participants where from different cities from Lebanon and Arab countries. June 2005 - January 2006 & September 2007.
· Organizing and providing training course “Cognitive Behavior Therapy CBT”
in Alexandria American Center; Participants were professionals from different Universities in Egypt, Students Health Insurance,
Educational System and Speech therapists. September 2005; June 2006; November 2006; November 2007; February 2008.
· Organizing an International Conference and Workshops “Trauma Management among
Children, Adolescents and the Community” in Collaboration with Institute of Peace Studies (Bibliotheca Alexandrina),
WHO and Child Mental Health Association- Egypt. During the period from 12th of May to the 17th of May, 2007 .The meeting held
· Organizing of the fourth research methodology seminar for young Arab Psychiatrists
in the Arab World in collaboration of the WHO, IACAPAP and Child Mental Health Association- Egypt. During the period from
12th of May to the 17th of May, 2007 .The meeting held in Alexandria. The participants were from 10 countries in The Region